The KCS® v6 Practices Workshop provides an overview of Knowledge-Centered Service (KCS) as well as a deep dive into KCS principles, core concepts, double loop and solve processes, and supporting practices. This course will include lots of interactive activities, exercises, and discussions throughout to ensure you gain a solid understanding of the practical aspects of Knowledge-Centered Service. Studies have found that this brain-based learning format significantly helps students retain KCS concepts over the long-term. Plus, it’s a lot of fun!
Early Registration: 9+ Weeks Prior to Start Date
General Registration: 2 - 9 Weeks Prior to Start Date
Late Registration: Fewer than 2 Weeks Prior to Start Date
- Live Instructor?
- Live Online?
- Guaranteed to Run?
People Also Bought
Looking to train your whole team?
- Technique 1.1: Capture Knowledge in the Moment
- Technique 1.2: Capture the Requestor’s Context
- Technique 1.3: Searching is Creating
- Technique 2.1: Use a Simple Template
- Technique 2.2: Complete Thoughts, Not Complete Sentences
- Technique 3.1: Search Early, Search Often
- Technique 3.2: Seek to Understand What We Collectively Know
- Technique 3.3: Linking
- Technique 4.1: Reuse is Review
- Technique 4.2: Flag It or Fix It
- Technique 4.3: License to Modify
- Technique 5.1:KCS Article Structure
- Technique 5.2: KCS Article State
- Technique 5.3: Developing a Content Standard
- Technique 5.4: Creating Evolve Loop Articles
- Technique 5.5: Archiving Old Articles
- Technique 5.6: Dealing With Legacy Data
- Technique 5.7: Priming the Knowledge Base With New Information
- Technique 5.8: Global Support Considerations
- Technique 5.9: Knowledge Domain Analysis
- Technique 5.10: Content Health Indicators
- Technique 5.11: Self-Service Success
- Technique 5.12: Self-Service Measures
- Technique 6.1: Structured Problem Solving
- Technique 6.2: Seamless Technology Integration
- Technique 6.3: Search Technology for KCS
- Technique 6.4: Closed Loop Feedback for the Whole System
- Technique 6.5: KCS Process Adherence Review
- Technique 7.1: KCS Roles and the Licensing Model
- Technique 7.2: Coaching for Success
- Technique 7.3: Assessing the Creation of Value
- Technique 8.1: Develop and Communicate a Vision
- Technique 8.2: Create a Strategic Framework
- Technique 8.3: KCS Benefits and ROI
- Technique 8.4: Promote Teamwork
- Technique 8.5: Tap into Internal Motivators
- Technique 8.6: Recognition Programs
- Technique 8.7: Communication is the Key
- Technique 8.8: Leadership Accountability to the Knowledge Worker
- Technique 8.9: Leadership and Communication Indicators
How We Teach
People learn differently, so we use a variety of methods to teach concepts throughout the course. In addition to exam preparation and practice quizzes, you'll engage in round-table discussions, group exercises, and games designed to give practical context to the concepts. We take this approach not only because it's more interesting and fun than simply memorizing vocabulary, but because it works.
All of our trainers are full-time Beyond20 staff
No temporary workers or subcontractors here. Our trainers are working consultants who implement best practice processes and tools when they're not in the classroom. You might say we practice what we preach. It's a great system, when you think about it - we're better consultants because we know these concepts inside and out, and we're better trainers because we get to put the theory into practice in the real world.
We don't just teach to the exam (though we certainly do that), we also give you practical and personalized tools you can take back to work.
We're a Registered Education Provider with PMI, so if you're PMP Certified, the course will earn you PDUs!
Industry-Leading Course Materials
All of our courseware is reviewed multiple times a year to ensure it's up to date, in line with best practice standards, and effective! We incorporate feedback from students to constantly improve our course books, in-class activities, and (sorry) homework. The goal is to provide you with the tools to not only get you through class and pass the exam, but also to have a reliable reference when you get back to the office.
All of our instructors are experienced practitioners with real world ITIL implementation expertise. (Real experience, too. Like, former-CIO-level experience.)
We're a US-based organization with offices in DC, Phoenix, and San Diego.