(ISC)² SSCP Training Course
Officially Accredited Bootcamp
The Gold Standard in CyberSecurity Training
Our 4-day SSCP training course provides everything you'll need to pass the (ISC)² SSCP certification exam. You’ll leave class with the skills necessary to implement, monitor, and administer IT infrastructure using security best practices – all in accordance with the official (ISC)² SSCP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK).
No public courses are currently scheduled, but we can deliver this course on-site at your location. Contact us for a quote.
People Also Bought
Need training for a group?
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Students will understand how to protect digital assets so that they're only accessible by the intended parties. Students will also discuss instances where physical security is appropriate (ie. limiting server room access).
- Implement authentication mechanisms
- Operate internetwork trust architectures
- Participate in the identity-management lifecycle
- Implement access controls
In this lesson, students will review everyday procedures to ensure that day-to-day business operations are secure.
- Understand and comply with code of ethics
- Understand security concepts
- Document and operate security controls
- Participate in asset management
- Implement and assess compliance with controls
- Participate in change management
- Participate in security awareness and training
- Participate in physical security operations
In this lesson, students will understand the risks associated with a variety of systems, and focus on monitoring and assessing how secure they are.
- Understand the risk management process
- Perform security assessment activities
- Operate and maintain monitoring systems
- Analyze monitoring results
Students will learn what to do if company data or business resources are under attack (ie. forensic investigations). These policies and procedures are for mitigating loss and improper access.
- Participate in incident handling
- Understand and support forensic investigations
- Understand and support BCP and DRP
In this lesson, students will dive into the core concepts of cryptographic algorithms and applications. Students will also explore cryptographic security, passwords, and key management.
- Understand and apply fundamental concepts of cryptography
- Understand requirements for cryptography
- Understand and support secure protocols
- Operate and implement cryptographic systems
This lesson focuses on the main concepts of internal and external network security. Students will review proper log keeping and analysis, security appliances and software, network monitoring and penetration testing.
- Understand security issues related to networks
- Protect telecommunications technologies
- Control network access
- Manage LAN-based security
- Operate and configure network-based security devices
- Implement and operate wireless technologies
Students will explore security practices that are relevant for a variety of IT infrastructures and environments.
- Identify and analyze malicious code and activity
- Implement and operate endpoint device security
- Operate and configure cloud security
- Secure big data systems
- Operate and secure virtual environments
How We Teach
People learn differently, so we use a variety of methods to teach concepts throughout the course. In addition to exam preparation and practice quizzes, you'll engage in round-table discussions, group exercises, and games designed to give practical context to the concepts. We take this approach not only because it's more interesting and fun than simply memorizing vocabulary, but because it works.
All of our cybersecurity instructors are experienced practitioners with real world security expertise. (Real experience, too. Like, Active DoD Secret Clearance experience.)
We're a US-based organization with offices in DC, Phoenix, and San Diego.
Industry-Leading Course Materials
All of our courseware is reviewed multiple times a year to ensure it's up to date, in line with best practice standards, and effective! We incorporate feedback from students to constantly improve our course books, in-class activities, and (sorry) homework. The goal is to provide you with the tools to not only get you through class and pass the exam, but also to have a reliable reference when you get back to the office.
We don't just teach to the exam (though we certainly do that), we also give you practical and personalized tools you can take back to work.
We're a Registered Education Provider with PMI, so if you're PMP Certified, the course will earn you PDUs!